The above photo show the different stages of 11kV Cable termination into a Ring Main Unit (RMU).
In Stage 2, the 11kV cable has been pulled into the RMU and the cable end has been prepared for termination to the RMU. Note the grounding braided tape connected to the housing and the insulation sleeve which has been put in place before the termination begin.
The above photo show the stage 3 or 4 when the cable termination is completed. Note the grounding tape and data cable installation.
Remove 1 meter of the Red [Oversheath];to expose the [Armouring] – Single Layer of galvanised circular steel wires – to be cut away.
Insert collar under the [Armouring] and tighten with external collar.
Remove black [Sheath], [Tape Binder], white[Laying up] to expose the copper[Metallic Screen].
Remove black insulation Screen to expose grey insulation.
Repeat for 2nd Cable.
Expose 10cm of the conductor, clean, add insulation and prepare for insulation test.
Insulation test before mechanical connection of cable conductors.
Remember to insert the final Oversheath in the last step before you joint the cable.
Mechanical joint of conductors, with heat shrink insulation and wrap over with braiding tape.
Wrapping of Armouring steel guard wire and testing insulation.
Currently building a Data Roadmap from
Internet of Things (IoT)-> Data Engineering -> Data Science
Will be updating this roadmap as i gather comments and feedback and learn more along the way. Do help me out on this journey.
Donna H. Rhodes, Principal Research Scientist, MIT
Step-by-Step Process for Creating a Weighted Matrix:
- List all your options as the row labels on the table and list the factors (eg quality, location, reliability, and credit options) that you need to consider as the column headings.
- Next, work out the relative importance of the factors in your decision.Show these as numbers from, for example, 0 to 5, where 0 means that the factor is unimportant in the final decision, and 5 means that it is very important.
- Next, work your way down the columns of your table, scoring each option for each of the factors in your decision. Score each option from 0 (poor) to 5 (very good).
- Now multiply each of your scores from Step 2 by the values for relative importance of the factor that you calculated in Step 3. This will give you weighted scores for each option/factor combination.
- Finally, add up these weighted scores for each of your options. The option that scores the highest wins!
Assuming quality is most important, and if you do the weighted analysis now, Supplier C will win.
Another Example :
Building Information Modelling (BIM) is part of Virtual Design Construction.
Normative lightning and surge protection requirements
Design and Application Standards：
IEC 62305:2010 (Part 1/2/3/4 )
IEC 60364 (Part 1/4/5)
Requirements & Testing Standards：
IEC 62561:2012 (Part 1/2/3/4/5/6/7)
IEC 61643:2011 (Part 11/21)
Lightning protection standard
Connection between the various parts of IEC 62305
Class of Lightning protection system (LPS) based on IEC 62305-1.
The discrepancy between latest IEC standards and UK standards
BS EN 62305 = IEC 62305
BS EN 50164 = IEC 62561
to supersede the previous standard, BS 6651:1999
The UK lightning protection standard which was Hong Kong followed, BS 6651 has been withdrawn in August 2008, and now BS EN/IEC 62305 is the recognized standard for lightning protection.
Above information extract from seminar given by
Tero Du 杜天良
DEHN + SÖHNE
DEHN SURGE PROTECTION
(SHANGHAI) CO., LTD
Member of the meteorology society of China
Seminar made possible by Society Of Operations Engineers (Macau Region)
Basic Signalling Course consists of
- Railway Trackline Code of Practice
- Tracks Circuits
- Miscellaneous Equipment
- Power Supplies and Loading
- Control Table Design
- Principles and Circuits
- BS EN 50128 Software for Railway Control
Singing Rock done a great Working at Heights Manual
Working at Heights – Singing Rock